Tuesday 11 October 2011

This week's reading in Exodus for Sunday, October 16th

Hi guys!
I hope you had a GREAT Thanksgiving weekend are enjoying several remixes of Turkey in the process :) This week's reading is from Exodus 1-3 and Exodus 12. All in all, the weekly reading should only take you about 25 minutes. This week's reading introduces us to an overview of one of the Bible's most important figures in Moses. Feel free to sing songs from the Prince of Egypt soundtrack through the week to celebrate this new adventure, lol.

Don't forget that Lindsay checks in at 4:00pm on Sunday afternoons to see who will claim points for their squad.
See you on Sunday night @Chaos! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey everyone! Here are some of my thoughts on this weeks passages.

    This passage or “story” if you would call it has been a story that I’ve been familiar with for years! Throughout Sunday school, I have heard the story of Moses and being adopted by the Pharaohs’ daughter when she found him in the Nile River. When Moses was older he ended up killing an Egyptian and fled Egypt. One thing that I did not know was that Moses actually had a son. I just assumed he never had kids, so I found it really interesting when I read the passage and learned that he did have a son.
    I think as Christians we should actually look up at Moses as a role model (minus the murder part of course ). I think Moses is a good role model for Christians because when God told him to go talk Israel’s elders and tell them God sent you, Moses questioned God. Although, Moses questioned God, he never disobeyed God and actually did as he was told. In the end everything worked out as God had planned. This is exactly what Christians should do when God tells them to do something. We might doubt God and think he has a fault in his plan but we should never challenge the path God gave us because in the end God does have a perfect plan. He has a plan that won’t harm us but rather prosper us (see Jeremiah 29:11).
    One verse that did stick out to me was Exodus 3:12, when God says, “...I will be with you...” I liked this part of the verse because it is one of the many verses throughout the Bible where God states that He will be with us.

    ReplyDelete